Monday, September 24, 2007

The Wonder That Makes My Life Full


Today is my sweet little girl's second birthday! As I looked through pictures to put on here, I couldn't help but wonder where the time has gone. It seems like just last week we were driving around the city waiting for my contractions to get a little closer so we could head to the hospital (only to be sent home). I suppose if that were true, I would've headed into the hospital yesterday to be induced!

I remember when we found out we were having a girl! I was SO excited that I would have someone to shop and girl talk with! I was excited to have the kind of relationship that my mom and I have, just from the opposite end!
I remember thinking about the awesome responsibility I now have. I still wonder how I'm going to raise her to be everything she can be and for her to be proud of it, but as I get to know her, I realize it's not going to be as hard as I first thought.
I remember planning her first birthday party and wondering where my baby went. Now I look at the pictures and think she was so little, still a baby in more ways than not.
Now, today, as I look back, I still wonder where my baby went, but I also wonder at what exact point our relationship changed from just Mom and Daughter to friends.

Happy Birthday Baby Bug! Mommy loves you!

4 comments:

Sue said...

You have a lot to be proud of CIndi.
Happy Birthday my little Tootsie-Lou. I love you and miss you soooo much. Big hugs and smackie kissies to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chloe!
We love you lots and wish that we could see you soon!
Auntie Amanda and Uncle Trav

footsack said...

I can't believe that I only saw this now. I hate facebook and wish everyone would come here and then what do I do?? Go to facebook because I thought no one was coming here anymore.
Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday Chloe. I hope you had a wonderful day.
Yes Cindi, you have a lot to be proud of.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chloe you cutie.