Monday, October 26, 2015

Change is Coming!!

Last year for Christmas, we bought my Mom a family picture session with our favorite photographer. We finally had them taken a month ago and got the proofs last week. Leading up to them I was so excited! There is just something about the kids all dressed in coordinating (not matching) outfits that just makes my heart happy! I was able to find their outfits at the thrift store again this year but knew that I would not be so lucky. Cute plus size clothes can be really hard to find, especially for cheap, so I was thrilled when I found everything I needed at Old Navy and WalMart. I felt cute. I felt trendy. I felt good. I felt like I was projecting who I am to the world. 
And then we got our pictures back. 
And I saw this one. 


 
And my heart sank.
That was not what I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, I know I am overweight. I shop in the Plus size dept for heavens sake. But when I put on that outfit and looked in the mirror that fat girl was not starring back at me. But this was the kick in the pants I needed. Things needed to change!!
Over the summer a friend introduced me to a diet plan/healthy eating lifestyle called Trim, Healthy Mama. I ordered the book, and searched the internet for all the info I could find. It makes so much sense to me, and the reviews from people just like me are astonishing! And there's no gimmicks! While they sell some of their own products, I don't need them! I can buy everything I need at my regular old Co-op grocery store. The only thing I have to change is my crappy eating habits and in turn, my life. 
I am really looking forward to the changes coming. After eating according to plan for 2 meals/day for a couple days I have already noticed a difference in the way I feel, my energy levels, and even the way my body looks. So here's to change, to finding myself under all these layers of fat, and to taking back my life!!!

No comments: