Saturday, May 12, 2007

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!

How 'bout you, you, you?
You can come too, too, too!
We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!

Man, you gotta love Raffi!!

So yeah, in case you didn't catch on, we went to the zoo again and this time we remembered our camera! We were planning on going tomorrow because it was supposed to be really nice out, but now they're forecasting rain so we went today instead! It was a lot of fun! I took a lot of pictures, partly for Chloe's scrapbook, and partly to try and entice some certain people to come to the zoo with us. (You know who you are, and if you aren't sure and want to go, let us know and we'll probably take you up on it!) Chloe really enjoyed it this time! Last time it was sprinkling sporadically, and she was more interested in playing in the puddles than she was in the animals and she fell asleep, but this time she loved the critters and didn't fall asleep til we were in the van on the way home! Anyways, on to the pictoral parade!

Here is a rare picture of me and Chloe! I'm usually behind the camera so these don't happen often!
This is my favorite shot of the day! She loves it on Daddy's shoulders, especially when she can hold onto the handles(his ears)!
Same pose, different angle!
Here they are looking at the black bear!
These are the two black bears that live at the zoo! The white one really is a black bear. He was orphaned and rescued.
This is the grizzly bear. Chloe was really excited to get these pictures of the bears for Grandpa! They're one of her favorite exhibits! She'd probably like them even more if she were looking at them with her Grmpa(hint, hint)!
Here's the polar bear. He had a nice cold shower to keep him cool in the heat!
This is a European squirrel. I just Love his ears!
I don't remember what exactly he is. He held the same pose the whole way down that log. I have three different pictures of him in the same position in different places in his exhibit!
These are our gibbon friends! The black one is named Mel(we found that out last week). If you look closely, you can see the baby hanging on to its momma! They told us that it's about a month old now!
That's Mel's arm hanging down in front of him! They're crazy long!
They walk really neat! They hold they're arms in the air, and walk completely upright. And you should see them swing! Last week, they were both going crazy and that little baby just held on tight!
This is another kind of gibbon. It's cage mate is so cute. The way he walks around is so much like an old man. It honestly reminds me of Grandpa B!
Some more little monkeys!
And another. (Can you tell we liked the monkeys a lot?!)
Another sweet little baby! Don't you just wanna squish him?!
This is a yellow squirrel monkey! Chloe really liked these guys!
They were chasing each other all over they're exhibit and playing peekaboo (sort of) with the branches!
These are the parrots in the "Down Under" exhibit! Funny story... While we were walking around, we passed a mom trying to convince her daughter that the "Down Under" exhibit was not actually undergroud! This girl(about 16 or 17) was dead set that that's what it meant! Trevor and I laughed so hard after they passed!
Willaby Wallaby Wee, sing along-alonga witha me!!! (A littel more Raffi for y'all!)
This is a tree kangaroo, but you wouldn't be able to convnince Chloe of that. She thought they were puppies and loved barking at them, which is something you all should experience before she outgrows it!
When we were here last week, this guy was asleep in the exact same position!
These are the lorikeets! When we walked into their house, one of them climbed onto the wire of the cage and all of a sudden started spraying poop. It just about got this other guy, but he managed to jump out of the way! It was really funny!
If you look closely, you can see a leopard sleeping in his cave!
All of the big cats were lazing around in the heat today!
This guy had been sleeping until just before I took the picture!
This is one of Trevor's favorite's! He loves the tiger, but it aint no lion he says. Unfortunately, the zoo doesn't have a lion!
If you click on the picture, you can see one of the two cheetahs sleeping in this picture! If you want to actually see them, you have to come and visit. You'll have to make it this summer too cuz they're only here for this year!
Here are the bactrian camels! And you think Daxter sheds Mom!!!
Here are the dromedary camels. Last week they had the female out on a halter and lead and we got to pet her!
If you click to enlarge this picture you can see his teeth! They're really big and yellow!
These are the Grant's zebra's. There's a vulture sitting on the fence post too!
It's Timon!! (He's a meerkat!)
Here's a little taste of Hawaii for you all! It's a hawaiian goose and it's huge and has a neck that's at least as thick as my upper arm!
They were preening and splashing! Chloe liked quacking at them! (Yet another thing you should all experience first hand!)
She liked quacking at the flamingoes even more!
Chloe and I peeking out of a tree!
My cute little hatchling! Man I love this kid!
So now I expect the phone calls and comments to come flooding in letting me know when you'll be taking us up on our invitation to join us at the zoo. Then you too can walk around singing,

"Momma's takin' us to the zoo tomorra, zoo tomorra, zoo tomorra!
Momma's takin' us to the zoo tomorra and we can stay all day!"

And if all of that wasn't enough to entice you to come and visit, this should work! This is what Chloe dressed herself in the other day when it was +32 outside. You gotta love my little crazy and her love of mittens and hats!
And to end it all off, I'd like to wish all of you Moms out there, especially mine, a very happy Mother's day.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Cindy... Your post my backfire, as we saw enough pictures to make us all feel like we'd been there. Ha ha ha! Lucky for you, there's still Chloe to entice everyone to come for a visit.

Sue said...

YAH I think the little monkey in the cute dress is the one that I would be coming to aee. I would like to take her to the zoo though. Her Grandpa makes all the animal noises trying to rouse them from thier sleep. Chloe would probably like that.

Trav said...

that's it... when you guys come to stoon this summer, we're going to the zoo... that's it, that's all, it's happening

Margaret said...

Thanks for all the pictures, Cindi. I felt like I went to the zoo, zoo, zoo right along with you, you, you. I think for something new, new, new. You should come to our zoo, zoo, zoo and see some Dolphins and sea lions doing tricks.

footsack said...

I think you broke the record for 'most pictures posted'. The cutest ones were of Chloe of course. I agree with your mom. The pictures of her make me want to come and visit much more than the animals. But going to the zoo would still be fun. :) I hope you had a happy Mothers Day.

Anonymous said...

chloe you are so cute! I really like the pic with you and your mom you should get it framed i think. I love you lots and will pray that something will work out so i can come and visit you. love and hugs. antie jen

John said...

Thanks for the great photos, the Chloe ones are the best. You have a very funny child. Also huge Mothers Day greetings to you. Do you have any idea how weird that feels, to be offering your niece mothers day greeetings. Or holy crap, your own daughter, which I forgot. Oh man, I just realized I am probably in trouble. Oh well, all the best to you and yours Cindi.

Carol said...

Love the zoo pictures, but especially love the ones that include Chloe.

Looks like a wonderful place. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.