I've been meaning to post this for quite a while now! Here it is, Tristan's way overdue birth story.
*WARNING* Contains information about stitches and other childbirth related "parts". Reader discretion is advised!! ;)
Over a month before I was due, we made plans with some friends of ours to go see the new Transformers movie. She was due on the same day as me so we joked all the time about one or both of us going into labor during the movie! Well, about halfway through the movie, I noticed that I was contracting quite regularly and they weren't the same as the braxton hicks I had been having. I asked Trevor for his cell phone so I could time them and discovered they were coming every 6 minutes. After the movie(which I refused to leave early), we headed home, took our sitter home and then I phoned my mom. We decided to drop Chloe off there for the night and then spent the next hour debating whether we should head in to the hospital or try and sleep a little. I managed to sleep for about 2 hours before the contractions woke me up. We were at the hospital around 4:30 am. We spent the next 7 or 8 hours trying to keep the nurses convinced that I was actually in labor (I'm not a loud laborer), and finally had them hook me up to the monitors again to prove that I was. Around 1:30 or 2, I was moved to my birthing room and got my epidural. I made it to about 5 and then stopped progressing so they put me on pitocin. Tristan was still at a -2 station, and did not seem to want to drop so they didn't want to break my water. Finally, they did though and realized what the problem had been! I had SO much fluid that he was still swimming! After they broke my water (around 7) my dr had me sit in a hands and knees position to encourage him to move down. He didn't move too much, but I went from 5-7 in the next hour or so. Around 8:45 or 9, I was around 8, so my dr moved me back to my hands and knees. I went from 8 to 10 in one contraction. I pushed through 5 contractions, and my boy was here! He was still covered in vernix so we know he was actually early. After my dr was checking me over and was surprised to announce that I had no outer tearing, and only needed a couple of stitches just inside! I got a grand total of 4!!! Because he sat so high for almost my whole labor, I was hardly sore at all! I walked out of the hospital feeling better than I had walked in! In fact, once I was discharged, we went shopping on our way home. When I got home, I had a nap and then we were off to Trevor's parent's Canada Day BBQ and then to Mom and Dad's so Dad could meet Tristan!
3 comments:
I keep forgetting to check things out here since I always just seem to go on facebook.
So glad to hear that it all went so well. You have a beautiful baby boy!!!
I am so happy to have met him. What a bundle of joy. You are very blessed.
Post a Comment